Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Cathy Calcutt

Westgate-on-Sea Town Council Cathy Calcutt

My name is Cathy Calcutt and I am a new councillor on the Westgate Town Council.

Although I was born in Ramsgate, spent some of my early years in Oxford and post-university life outside London, I’ve been living in Westgate-on-Sea for the past twenty-one years following fifteen years in Westbrook, and I love it!

I am ‘Mum’ to three grown-up children, plus two cats and a dog. You may have seen me walking my dog, Bear, on the fields around Westgate wearing my yellow wellies.

For the past thirty-three years, I have been a primary school teacher in different schools in Thanet and Deal, but I now teach a year 5/6 class at Westgate’s independent Chartfield School, where I’ve been – on my second stint as teacher there – since 2009.

My reason for wanting to join the Town Council is to hopefully be able, in some way, to help preserve all that is good about Westgate and improve the things that need to be better for the community. I would like to think that my children, and future generations, will benefit from the improvements the Council will make. 

Contact 07921 659977

[email protected]