COVID-19 Community Champions
Westgate-on-Sea Town Council
Following the latest government guidance, a national lockdown for England commenced on Tuesday, 5 January to help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) where we now need to stay at home.
Cases are rising rapidly due to a new variant of the virus which is highly infectious. We can protect each other in Kent and Medway if we all follow the national advice: We must stay at home as much as possible to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect our local NHS.
Do it for your family, your friends, your community and each other. If we all follow the safety rules this winter, we will get back to the things we love soon.
Please only leave your home for the following essential activities:
- To get food (essential food shops and supermarket will be open)
- To get exercise: You can go out for a walk, run or cycle once a day but you must stay in your local town.
- For a medical reason (such as getting a COVID-19 test or a flu jab) or if you need medical assistance (such as an injury or if you’re at risk of domestic abuse)
- To travel to work (but only if you can’t work from home)
Check the government website for full details on the rules that we all need to follow.
COVID-19 vaccine survey
The Kent and Medway CCG are running a survey for residents to give their views on the roll-out of COVID-19 vaccines. They want to know:
- How do you feel about the vaccine? Do you know enough information?
- Your views on whether you intend to have the vaccine and if there are any specific questions you have about the vaccine.
The survey will close on Monday, 18 January. It only takes a few minutes – have your say and help us fight COVID-19. Please share with your community groups, friends and family.
Promoting a healthy lifestyle: Key services
Email: [email protected]
Check our webpage for more details on your role.
- 01843 836182
Find Westgate-on-Sea Town Council
78 St Mildreds Road, Westgate-On-Sea, Kent, CT8 8RF