Tree/Biodiversity Volunteer Role
Westgate-on-Sea Town Council
Westgate-on-Sea Town Council are recruiting for an unpaid volunteer role for a Tree/Biodiversity Warden for the Town; the summary of the Role is detailed below in this article. If you would like an application form and the job profile for this role please email - [email protected] and we will send you an electronic copy for completion and return. Closing date will be 3rd December 2020. The role will be for a fixed term of three years.
TREE/BIODIVERSITY WARDEN VOLUNTEER ROLE
Summary of Volunteer Role
The Tree/Biodiversity Warden is responsible for ensuring the conservation and maintenance of trees and shrubs on public land in the town of Westgate-on-Sea. The Tree/Biodiversity Warden will report to the Town Clerk.
- Map the trees in Westgate and record the TPOs for the Town.
- Assist with planting new trees and shrubs as needed, including tree care and maintenance.
- If qualified, to complete TPO surveys on specific trees and to work with the TDC Biodiversity/Tree Officer and the P,H&E Committee.
- Report any trees or shrubs that are damaged and/or diseased to the Town Clerk and advise on whether they should be removed
- During unexpected emergencies, report any emergency maintenance to trees and limbs taken down or damaged during storms, if necessary remedial action undertaken to preserve a tree
- Report any illegally erected signs or advertisements that are found attached to trees
- Observe ongoing pruning and other maintenance of all trees and shrubs, report any concerns to the Town Clerk
- Research and make recommendations for any tree works identified.
- Support any biodiversity initiatives of the Town Council.
- The volunteer role is unpaid but reasonable expenses will be met. The Warden must ensure any request for expenses is sanctioned by the Town Clerk before expenditure and provide receipts for any expenses claimed.
- Interaction with the residents and Town Council will be necessary to assist with enquiries related to the above responsibilities, remember you will be representing the Town Council
- Follow and adhere to the Town Council Social Media Policy at all times.
Skills/experience essential to the role
Two years of prior experience in tree work, conservation or related field
Valid driver’s licence
Ability to research using resources to acquire information about tree care and conservation
Good public relation ability
- 01843 836182
Find Westgate-on-Sea Town Council
78 St Mildreds Road, Westgate-On-Sea, Kent, CT8 8RF