Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Matthew Scott

Westgate-on-Sea Town Council Matthew Scott

Matthew Scott is one of 9 Councillors elected on 4th May 2023.  

Cllr Scott - Appointment of Committees:

Planning, Highways & Environment

Events, Tourism & Developments 

I was born in Thanet and have lived here my whole life, the last six years as a resident of Westgate-On-Sea. I am a people-person by nature and serving the community to improve the lives of local residents is my passion.

I often participate in the Thanet Neighbourhood Engagement Meetings and many other community engagements.

I'm proud and passionate of every aspect of Westgate and will always put the needs of the local community before any party politics.  I want to encourage engagement from all ages and backgrounds – ensuring that any changes to our town are done progressively and democratically.  I will always strive to preserve the unique identity of Westgate-on-Sea and keep our local businesses alive and thriving.  I currently sit on the Steering Group for Westgate's Neighbourhood Plan to share and voice residents’ views on future developments – I look forward to helping shape the new plan.

As with all my fellow councillors my aims are:-

•             Maintain the beauty, identity, and community spirit unique to Westgate-on-Sea

•             Increase youth engagement in the community and improve recreational facilities

•             Keep Westgate's streets, open spaces, and beaches clean

•             Retain and support local businesses

•             Ensure that future development is suited to local needs rather than remote plans

[email protected]

07512 777399