Upcoming Strike Action on Southeastern
Westgate-on-Sea Town Council
Strike action is due to take place on our network on the following days:
- Thursday 20 July - RMT
- Saturday 22 July - RMT
- Saturday 29 July - RMT
If this goes ahead, then there will be a limited service on our network. Some routes will be closed, and we won't be able to provide replacement buses.
Travel advice Thursday 20, Saturday 22 and Saturday 29 July
- Please check before you travel:
Timetables for Thursday 20 July should be updated by Thursday 13 July.
Timetables for Saturday 22 July should be updated by Friday 14 July,
Timetables for Saturday 29 July should be updated by Friday 21 July
- If you are travelling expect some disruption, plan ahead and check your entire journey.
- Trains that are running will be busier and are likely to start later and finish earlier.
- You may be unable to board trains at stations where a limited service is running, especially on the first few trains in the morning. Queuing systems are in place at some stations to ensure that trains have enough room onboard for customers to join all along the route. This is continually under review.
- Only 58 out of 180 stations will be open. No replacement buses will serve stations that are closed. For alternative transport options visit traveline
Over the weekend of 29 and 30 July planned engineering work is taking place between London Charing Cross, London Bridge, and the New Cross area. More details can be found on our planned engineering work page.
The ASLEF union has an overtime ban between between 17 – 22 July. We expect to run our full service during this time.
Strike action cancelled at short notice may still cause disruption
If the strike action is cancelled at short notice we may not be able to switch back to our normal timetable immediately. Rail services are built in complex, interrelated IT systems covering fleet, crew schedules and rosters, and so it takes some time to get everything back to normal.
For information on ticketing validity, refunds and other information please click here.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience the strike action will cause you.
Chloe Wheatley (Interim Town Clerk)
- 01843 836182
- 01843 836182